Training Manual Download
Relational: Seeing the Gospel
The power of my testimony
- We live by the testimony of Jesus Christ.
- Your testimony is not the Gospel.
- Preparing your personal testimony.
Seeing with Gospel eyes
- Seeing people with Gospel eyes
- Seeing people’s pain and suffering with Gospel eyes
- Seeing the Church with Gospel eyes
- The Gospel is relational before it is doctrinal
- The Gospel is more about God and less about me
- Who is the God we want to relate to?
Discipleship: Living the Gospel
Living the Gospel
- Understanding human nature
- The need for self-awareness
- The process of confession
- The freedom of repentance
- The healing of forgiveness
- The gift of reconciliation with God
Beginning a Christ-centered life
- Who is Jesus?
- Our response to God’s grace
- What is the Christian life?
Appreciating your security in Christ
- Embracing your identity in Christ
- Making decisions through God’s wisdom
- Living in God’s presence and power
Bible Study: Learning the Gospel
Proclamation: Hearing the Gospel
- How to prepare a Bible study
- Personal vs. LifeGroups Bible study dynamics
- Jesus and doctrines: inseparably linked
- Is public evangelism outdated?
- How to proclaim the gospel in different settings
- Principles of homiletics: steps to effective Gospel proclamation
Witnessing to the World: Sharing the Gospel
Sharing the Big Story
- Preparing to share
- Presenting the Big Story
- Check for understanding
Sharing Jesus in a post-Christian world
- Love the other as yourself
- Engage in culture
- Use your sphere of influence
Don’t share what you don’t have
- Emotional assets: griping or gratitude, bitterness or forgiveness, depression or joy
- Physical assets: caring for the temple
- Social assets: you and your relationships
- Spiritual disciplines